Our parish community is blessed in so many ways!
During the months of November and December, we share our love and generosity to those in need by providing gifts to the following organizations:
- United Methodist Home for Children
- The Bair Foundation (children in foster care)
- Families at St. Francis Church, Harrisburg;
- Families being treated at the York Cancer Center
- New Hope Ministries
- Local Senior Citizens, and
- Those in need within our own parish.
Everyone is invited to select a tag from our Giving Tree in the Parish Center and fulfill a Christmas wish for the needy.
Confirmation students are afforded service hours for preparing tags for tree, monitoring selection of tags and collating and distributing gifts to organizations.
Giving Tree Schedule:
Last two weeks of October – preparing tags and setting up tree
First 3 weeks of November – parishioners select tags
First Sunday of December – all gifts must be returned by 9 am mass
Giving Tree Procedures:
- Select a gift tag ornament from the tree in Fr. Mennetti Hall beginning the first Saturday of Novemeber and sign out your tag in the appropriate color-coded folder. Please list your name and phone # in the field next to the Gift Tag # selected.
- Please place UNWRAPPED gift(s) in a gift bag with the gift tag securely attached.
- Please return all gifts to the Giving Tree no later than the first Sunday of December (or otherwise designated in the church bulletin), prior to the 9:00 Mass for sorting and delivery. The suggested gift value is approximately $25.00. You are invited to take more than one tag if you wish.
- Questions or lost tags? Call Cyndy and Tom Shaul (766-1478)