WHO ARE WE?
The Knights of Columbus is a worldwide organization in 14 countries with 1.8 million members strong.
We are a group of practicing Catholic men ranging from 19 to 99 years of age. The gentleman sitting next to you at Mass, the priest celebrating the Mass, the usher handing out the bulletins, a member of the Parish Council, a Eucharistic minister are all examples of Knights involved with our Parish.
Our members are from all walks of life: Priests, Physicians, Machinists, Cooks, Attorneys, Landscapers, Federal and State government employees, Teachers, IT Specialists, Police Officers, Engineers, Small business owners and retirees.
Our members have various interests. They garden, hunt, fish, are NASCAR fans, football, baseball, hockey and basketball fans at every level.
The Venerable Michael J. McGivney founded the Knights of Columbus, in large part, to provide assistance to the widows and children left behind when the family breadwinner died, often prematurely.
Our own Council was established as a regional Council in 1956 as Our Lady of Queenship Council #4068. In 2011 Monsignor William J. King, recently installed pastor of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish in Mechanicsburg, invited the Council to make Saint Elizabeth’s their permanent home. The Council voted on and graciously accepted Monsignor’s offer.
Today we are a growing Council serving the needs of the Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish community while continuing our charitable work throughout the community.
WHAT WE DO
- Provide spiritual and financial support to our parish and diocesan seminarians
- Provide financial support and collect toiletries for the Saint Samuel Center
- Conduct a basketball free throw contest for the youth of our community
- Conduct a soccer goal shootout contest for the youth of our community
- Conduct various fund raising activities
- Collect funds for the ARC of Cumberland and Perry counties
- Donate over $5,000 to various charitable organizations yearly
- Participate in the Baptism gift presentations at SEAS
- Make and donate soup for the “Souper Sunday” diocesan fund raiser
- Assist at the Special Olympics held at Messiah College
- Sponsor an annual memorial Mass to honor our deceased Brothers
- Sponsor the SEAS May Crowning
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN?
Becoming a Knight of Columbus can transform your life. As a Knight, you have the opportunity to support your parish, give back to your community, grow in your faith and gain exclusive access to our top-rated insurance program to protect your family.
We are a band of brothers, a network of men in communities around the world dedicated to doing good in the service of God and our neighbor.
These are just some of the reasons to become a Knight.