The Pennsylvania Catholic Conference is the public affairs arm of Pennsylvania’s Catholic bishops and the Catholic dioceses of Pennsylvania. There are 10 Catholic dioceses in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Eight are Latin Rite dioceses, fully contained within the Commonwealth. Two are Byzantine Rite dioceses with Apostolic Sees in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.
Get Connected to PACatholic.org
It is more important than ever for Catholics to make their voices heard in the public square. The Diocese of Harrisburg has joined with its public policy representatives, The Pennsylvania Catholic Conference, to provide up-to-date information on the most pressing issues that affect the common good through the Catholic Advocacy Network.
- The Catholic Advocacy Network is an email alert system through which you will be notified of important legislative news and be able to contact your legislators with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- There are many issues of importance to Catholics working their way through the state and federal legislature.
- Get informed and remain informed about public policy matters by signing up for email alerts and forwarding the link to friends and family.
As Catholics, we believe that “prayer is the raising of one’s mind and heart to God, or the requesting of good things from God” (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2559).
- Catholics strive to make prayer an integral part of their daily lives so that this intimacy with God can lead us to charitable action. Our actions in the public square must always be rooted in prayer, discerning God’s will for our lives as well as for the common good of society. It is indeed a great challenge to discern and to speak the truth and to work to protect the lives and fundamental dignity of all human beings. Therefore, we also encourage prayer for our legislators.
- We are called to be conscientious citizens. And so, when we consider Catholic advocacy in Pennsylvania, we must always begin with prayer, which leads to action.
Send a message to elected officials about hot topics. The PCC has numerous action alerts on a variety of topics. Every citizen is encouraged to let his or her legislators know they care about these important issues.
Receive a heads up when action alerts are issued by becoming part of the network. Sign up to receive alerts for one, two or all of PCC’s important public policy issues: catholic education, religious liberty, life+dignity (of person), marriage+family, social justice, health care, and faith+politics.
Elected Official Look-up
Find contact information for your elected officials to call, write, visit or send your own e-mail message. Returning users, log in using your e-mail and zip code to see the list of your elected officials. New users, fill in you name, home or business address and e-mail address to see your list of elected officials.
NOTE: Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list or white list so that emails reach your inbox!